Hello! My name is Timothy Pakron. I am a photographer, recipe developer, food stylist, and passionate home cook. I recently completed my debut cookbook, Mississippi Vegan, which came out in October 2018 by Avery of Penguin Random House. It is currently available where all books are sold.
Just for fun, here are 15 things about me:
1. I put Ylang Ylang oil in my beard.
2. I eat potatoes. Often. Ok, every day.
3. I talk to my Mom, also, every day.
4. My favorite ice cream flavors are peach and coffee.
5. I eventually want to own a small farm that grows the coolest produce, flowers and rescue some farm animals.
6. On this farm, I want to plant a maze of gardenia bushes so that when you stand in one spot during their bloom, you will only see and smell gardenias.
7. I view wine as fruit juice, and therefore actively drink it for health reasons.
8. I think cooking is an extension of the heart and it’s up to the cook to determine how much they want to extend.
9. I truly believe that creating delicious food or styling beautifully is not necessarily about talent, but more so about caring.
10. I wish grocery stores only had local produce, grains and mushrooms, in which case imported and non-local items were the specialty items, not the other way around.
11. I wish humans cared more about the planet and set sustainability as their main goal.
12. I hope to one day soon have a relationship with a cat named ‘Cheeseburger’ and a very skinny dog named ‘Branches'.
13. I love music more than anything… except food.
14. I truly believe that I was put on this earth to be creative, spread beauty, and use the world of nature as my medium.
15. I went vegan when I was 20 and I am currently 32. So I have been vegan for 12 years!
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me just a little bit better! And don't forget to join my mailing list so I can keep you in the loop.