Hello! My name is Timothy Pakron. I am a photographer, recipe developer, food stylist, and passionate home cook. I recently completed my debut cookbook, Mississippi Vegan, which will be out October 23rd by Avery of Penguin Random House. It is currently available for pre-order where all books are sold.
Just for fun, here are 15 things about me:
1. I put Ylang Ylang oil in my beard.
2. I eat potatoes. Often. Ok, everyday.
3. I talk to my Mom, also, everyday.
4. My favorite ice cream flavors are peach and coffee.
5. I eventually want to own a small farm that grows the coolest produce, flowers, and some rescue farm animals.
6. On this farm, I want to plant a maze of gardenia bushes so that when you stand in one spot during their bloom, you will only see and smell gardenias.
7. I view wine as fruit juice, and therefore actively drink it for health reasons.
8. I think cooking is an extension of the heart and it’s up to the cook to determine how much they want to extend.
9. I truly believe that creating delicious food or styling beautifully is not necessarily about talent, but more so about caring.
10. I wish grocery stores only had local produce, grains and mushrooms, in which case imported and non-local items where the specialty items, not the other way around.
11. I wish humans cared more about the planet and set sustainability as their main goal.
12. I hope to one day soon have a relationship with a cat named ‘Cheeseburger’ and a very skinny dog named ‘Branches'.
13. I love music more than anything… except food.
14. I truly believe that I was put on this earth to be creative, spread beauty, and use the world of nature as my medium.
15. I went vegan when I was 20 and I am currently 32. So I have been vegan for 12 years!
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me just a little bit better! And don't forget to join my mailing list so I can keep you in the loop.